Upcoming Training Events & Webinars
Stay tuned! More events coming soon!
Registering for a Training Event
Please note that GLEIC event registration is handled by the Center for Technology & Training at Michigan Technological University; you will be forwarded to their event registration page when clicking on more information or registration links. If you have a question about your registration, you can contact the GLEIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-2102 or you can contact the Center for Technology & Training at email@example.com or (906) 487-2102.
Continuing Education Policy
Please refer to the GLEIC Continuing Education Policy for information on using GLEIC training sessions for professional engineering license continuing education requirements.
Past Training Events & Webinars
- How to Start Your Needed Infrastructure Project Webinar – April 23, 2019 – slides
- Infrastructure upgrades and improvements are a necessary part of operating a small water or wastewater system, but they can often be difficult to get started. In this webinar, the GLEIC's John Sullivian will explain where to look for sources of infrastructure funding, including USDA Rural Development programs and State Revolving Fund programs, and how to assemble and select a team of professionals. He will also detail the services and contributions of financial, legal, and technical project partners; the quality-based selection process for technical engineering services; and the services that engineers provide during the preliminary, design, and construction phases of the project. This event is sponsored by Smart Management for Small Water Systems.
- Great Lakes Commission des Grands Lacs Integrated Water Asset Management Webinar Series (1: What is Integrated Water Asset Management; 2: Water Infrastructure Financing and IWAM; 3: Technology and IWAM; 4: IWAM Policy and Program Implementation – February-May 2019 – Recordings of all IAMM webinars can be found here
- 2019 EPA Region 5 Water Forum & Pre-forum EFC Network Asset Management for Water Systems Workshop – February 19 & 20 – Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- 2017 Strategic Land-Use Planning Webinar (July 25)
- 2017 Infrastructure Finance Basics Workshop—Wausau, WI